Join Us In New Orleans, Louisiana
For the 45th Annual GAG Session
All Activities Will Be Held in the
Hilton New Orleans Riverside Hotel
July 25 – 31, 2015
The National Gospel Announcers Guild (GAG) an auxiliary of the Gospel Music Workshop of America, Inc. (GMWA) is gearing up for its upcoming Summer Convention, slated to take place in New Orleans, LA, July 26 – July 31, 2015, and we are READY.
Here are some of the highlights you can look forward to this year:
· Faster and Easy Flow Registration Process (Pre-registration strongly recommended)
· Enhanced Hospitality and Greeter services
· Radio 101: Software, progressive equipment, BDS, program formatting, charting, etc.
· Improved Networking efforts for new attendees and long-standing membership
· New Members Ceremony and mentoring
· Multiple Interactive Panels featuring major gospel music industry professionals Daily Praise Breaks and Showcases from Major and Independent Artists
· Special Al “The Bishop” Hobbs Memorial Luncheon (Tuesday July 28, 2015)
· Education and Critique for Improving Interview Performance
· Education for New Artists on Stage: Etiquette and those “awkward” moments
· Education on how to Maximize Social Media in marketing a show or event
· Interactive Breakouts for enhanced learning experience
· Efficient and time-sensitive design of sessions and activities
· Presentation on Radio Business Facts and Industry Performance Measurements
· Clarifying PSAs and Commercial Announcements to the Public
· Class: Operating in your Purpose or your Position – What difference does it make?
· Major label sponsorships
· Special outreach/collaboration to/with GMWA Quartet Div. and both unique needs
· The Sisterhood Program honoring Local Foster Parenting Grandmother
· Training for New Artists on “Branding You” & “Creating/Executing Your Business Plan”
· Audio and Visual Label Scope Presentations (for artists, record labels, gospel services)
· Personal recorded ‘Shout Out’ greetings from Radio Announcers throughout the week
· NEW: Committee on Health and Wellness Information with Pre-screenings
· NEW: Independent category added to registration category
· PRE-REGISTRATION DEADLINE IS JUNE 1, 2015
HASHTAG #GAG15 #GMWAGAG15 #GMWA
Excitement is in air and Pre-Registration is the NEXT Step.
About the Gospel Announcers Guild
The Gospel Announcers Guild is a voluntary association of Religious Announcers who have come together to address their common needs as professional broadcasters. This organization was born out of the lack of emphasis and concern placed on religious broadcasting, as well as religious broadcasters, by the nation’s major broadcast and record industry conventions and associations.
For over 35 years the GAG has experienced many milestone moments and it’s members remain committed to it’s central mission. No matter what their Gospel endeavors, through their continued service and giving both locally and nationally, they bring our motto of “One Voice, Crying in the Wilderness, the Coming and the Goodness of Christ,” into an ongoing reality.
We invite you to travel with us this year to New Orleans, LA for our Annual Convention as we continue to bring Gospel Music to the forefront by way of the airwaves, printed media, TV, the Internet, and other forms of media.